On Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th of October the Kilmainham Arts Festival, now in its fifth year, took place with the support of DCC. It was organised by Kilmainham Arts Club. The highlights included a short film event in Kilmainham Hilton on Saturday 18th at which no less than nine award winning Irish films, including animations from Oscar nominated Brown Bag films, were screened for a large appreciative audience. Many of the filmakers attended the event at which the guest speaker was screenwriter/producer Brendan McCarthy formerly Film Adviser to the Arts Council of Ireland and currently head of Fantastic Films. The exciting new poet Dimitra Xidous read from her debut collection ‘Keeping Bees’ on Sunday 19th in the Patriots Inn and her performance was accompanied by contemporary harpist Turlough Eccles. ’Portraits of a Time in Bohemia’, the show by award winning South African pianist and songwriter Christof van der Berg, was the triumph of the weekend in the Patriots Inn on Sunday 19th. The back lounge was transformed into an intimite cabaret theatre with decorations and candlelit tables for the event.
- Reminder: festival kick-off tomorrow
- Kilmainham-Inchicore Community Festival August 24th – 27th
- Kilmainham Arts Club is delighted to host the Kilmainham-Inchicore Community Festival 24th – 27th August 2017
- Events August 24th – 27th (unsubscribe? reply blank thanks)
- Thursday 25th May Save Kilmainham Mill Fundraiser